Tuesday, May 4, 2010
I wasn't sure what to do with my massive harvest, but most of my research encouraged me to let the gourds harden outside (where they had grown) over the winter months. I did this with more or less positive results, although some of the gourds split :(
Now I have to clean them - ugh! Again, back to the internet... "Bring them in after a good soaking rain." Sunday we had a downpour! On Monday I brought about thirty mouldy and crusty gourds that were good and wet into the kitchen, filled one side of the sink with water and covered the gourds with a wet towel. One by one, I used a scrubber on the gourds to remove all of the yuk!
This morning I looked at them all with great satisfaction! They are *beautiful*!