Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Slugs Aren't so Bad

About 14 years ago we discovered two cats eating bird seed under our bird feeders. Someone had abandoned them and they were struggling to survive. Having several indoor cats, we attempted to merge them into our happy menagerie to no avail. So we bought a wonderful heated little pet condo for them and now we feed them milk and cat food twice a day.
Today as I was picking up their dishes, I wondered what on earth are those brown slimy things??? I got down on my knees and discovered… Sammy and Sally Slug!
I watched them nibble at Tyger and George's scraps! How fascinating to watch - their antennae stretching and shrinking - their mouths (?) eating the morsels of food! God's creatures both great and small are a miracle to behold!

No comments:

Post a Comment